As we prepare for our second year of high school, we would like to dedicate our 2015-2016 year to Ms. Ramona L Carter. Ms. Carter helped us start Project Think Pink in 6th grade and was our club mentor. She lost her battle to cancer on 5/21/15. Ms Carter always had a smile on her face even on the bad days!!
We are very grateful for all of her help with our personal growth.
Ms Carter will be missed!!
Melis and Cecily
• Cecily Mohammad and Nia Ratliff co-founded Project Think Pink at Taylor Road Middle School.
• Cecily and Nia came up with the idea after they lost love ones to cancer (Nia – Grandmother; Cecily – Family Friend).
• They started the club in 6th grade at Taylor Road Middle School in Johns Creek, GA after they learned there were no clubs in the school that dealt with cancer awareness.
• They sent a letter to the school principal for approval to start the club.
• Principal Williamson approved the club and it was initialed on August 16, 2012.
• Over the past 3 years, Project Think Pink has worked tirelessly to raise money and awareness to help find a cure for cancer.
• Since Project Think Pink's inception, it has grown to 6 active members and has raised more than $3,000 through fundraisers, donut sales, t-shirt sales, and pink bracelets.
• The $3,000 was donated to The American Cancer Society and The Atlanta 2 Day Walk.
• Project Think Pink has also participated in several events to raise cancer awareness: Relay for Life and members have spoken at the American Cancer Society Cancer Survivor’s dinner. They also participated in the Atlanta 2 Day walk in 2012 and 2013.
Project Think Pink Members